Thanksgiving is just a week away and we are halfway through our journey of thankfulness. It’s already day 5 and this 10 day challenge has definitely helped me to see things in a whole new light. Have you made the decision to be happy? Are you more mindful of your blessings and looking for something to be thankful for in all circumstances? I deeply hope you find it in your heart to take this journey with me, it is truly good for the soul.
I am drawn to words. The meaning behind a quote can be empowering, encouraging, motivating, heartfelt, inspiring and life changing. I’m a huge self-help and spiritual book reader… I’m always looking for a new book that encourages me to be a better wife, mom and human being. So today, in honor of these 10 days that we are preparing from the inside out for the holiday season, here are 10 quotes of gratitude, thankfulness and counting our blessings. Enjoy!
1. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
2. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
3. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” Eckhart Tolle
4. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
5. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love—then make that day count!” Steve Maraboli
6. “Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they open your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention to before.” unknown
7. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” Mandy Hale
8. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” William Arthur Ward
9. “Don’t think of the things you didn’t get after praying. Think of the countless blessings God gave you without asking.” unknown
10. “Always remember that you control your thoughts, and thus, your happiness. Your thinking generates your emotions. Your emotions generate your actions. Be grateful and focus on the abundance in your life. Think positive and live positive. Think love and embody love. Love is within you and all around you–invite it into your life.” Creig Crippen